Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Oil Show

We had a fabulous oil event this past weekend. It was such a great turn out that we ran out of frames!

Thursday evening the truck showed up.



It took six of us about an hour to unload everything. We were lucky to have an empty shop available across the way from Interiors for the Home.






More looking than unpacking....





Nancy was on the phone to some of her clients right away.  She found some great paintings for them and didn't want them to miss out.


I found something perfect for my formal dining room and brought it home to try it out.



It reminds me of one of the Dutch landscapes from Bartholomeus Breenbergh or Pieter Vertin. My minor in art history is coming in handy!

Here it is framed, but resting on the mantle.



The sconces are from Chelsea House, aren't they great?  They are recently discontinued, but we still have a pair for sale at the store.




Here is a closer look.



I also bought a cow for my black and white kitchen.




This cow painting almost sold twice at the show before I finally put it in my car! I also bought two more that had to be sent back to New York for framing.

Heather bought a beautiful one as well. However, a very nice woman fell in love with it and she let her buy it.



Here is a photo from the first day of the show.  We got so busy that I never had time to take more pictures. If you missed the show, don't despair, we may be able to schedule another one in October.

3 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a wonderful sale. It was very good that you were too busy to take more pictures, that means $$$. Would love to make the next ones.
    I was just wondering what the average price was.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prices for the oils started at $235 for an 8x10" all the way up to $1,295 for the largest which were 36x48". The prices included the frames which makes it a fabulous deal.

    ReplyDelete